Want to know the power of lemons for the purpose of cleaning? Not only do they have a refreshing citrus smell, lemons are antibacterial and antiseptic, due to the acid they hold.
Here are 5 great tricks using lemons, that you can use around your house today!
1. Steam clean your microwave.
First, cut a lemon in half, squeeze both halves into a bowl, setting what's left of the lemon, in the bowl. Then fill this bowl half way full with water and set your microwave for 3 to 4 minutes on your highest setting. This will steam your microwave making it easy to wipe away any stubborn food that is stuck to the microwave, while the oils from the lemon eliminate odors and can take away stains built up over time.
2. Remove refrigerator odor.
Simply cut a lemon in half and set in a small sauce bowl to absorb bad orders. Replace weekly.
3. Clean your wood cutting board.
Using coarse salt, sprinkle, shake or twist your salt container directly onto your cutting board. Cut a lemon in half and work the lemon using the fleshy side to scrub away food stains and to deodorize your cutting board.
4. Clean stains on the inside of your toilet. Keep out that salt and extra half of that lemon from the cutting board and make your way to the bathroom to get rid of hard stains inside your toliet. 😷 First, add your course salt to the inside of the toilet and then squeeze half a lemon in the toilet. Using your toilet brush, scrub scrub scrub and flush. ✨
5. Wipe away hard water in the shower.
Using the fleshy side of a lemon, simply add lemon juice to a spray bottle, spray directly on hard water in your shower and wipe away with your favorite type of cleaning cloth. Works like magic.
Want to know the properties of lemon essential oil for the purpose of cleaning? Stay connected because I'll be sharing that in a future post!